OCUL Scholars Portal Committee (OCUL-SP)
OCUL-SP advances OCUL’s strategic plan by overseeing the delivery of Scholars Portal services, working in collaboration with the Scholars Portal Operations Team (SPOT) and the University of Toronto as Service Provider:
- Oversee the ongoing assessment and continual development of current Scholars Portal services, including feedback from member libraries, direct user feedback, periodic studies and ongoing performance measures.
- Provide advice in the development phase of any service, or recommend to the OCUL Executive Committee the delegation of this responsibility to a task group reporting to OCUL-SP.
- Oversee the development of service implementation plans and monitor their progress.
- Generate ideas for new services for the consideration of the OCUL Planning and Assessment Committee.
One official member from each OCUL member institution, with no fixed term.
- Andrew Colgoni (Brock University) - Co-chair (2023-2025)
- Lynne Serviss (McMaster University) - Co-chair (2023-2025)
- Ed Driedger (Nipissing University)
- Karen Pillon (University of Windsor)
- Robin Isard (Algoma University)
- Sarah Simpkin (Carleton University)
- Ali Versluis (University of Guelph)
- Valerie Gibbons (Lakehead University)
- Daniel Scott (Laurentian University)
- Ling He (OCAD University)
- Marcia Johnson (Ontario Tech University)
- Daniel Godon (University of Ottawa)
- Sandra Morden (Queen's University)
- Lisa Béchard (Royal Military College of Canada)
- MJ Suhonos (Toronto Metropolitan University, formally Ryerson University)
- Judith Logan (University of Toronto)
- Julie Shi (University of Toronto)
- Dwayne Collins (Trent University)
- Alison Hitchens (University of Waterloo)
- Bobby Glushko (Western University)
- Gord Bertrand (Wilfrid Laurier University)
- Andrea Kosavic (York University)
OCUL Chair - Beth Namachchivaya (University of Waterloo)
OCUL Treasurer - Gohar Ashoughian (Wilfrid Laurier University)
OCUL Executive Director - Amy Greenberg
Interim Director of Scholars Portal - Kate Davis
Interim Associate Director - Jacqueline Whyte Appleby
Scholars Portal staff attend OCUL-SP Committee meetings at the invitation of the OCUL-SP Chair.
Download the full Terms of Reference
In here you will find information about membership terms, the appointment process, subcommittees and task groups, reporting and decision making, communications, work plans and administrative and financial support for the committee.